Saturday, May 10, 2008

WANT

"The first essentials, of course, is to know what you want." - Robert Collier

"I don't want to earn my living; I want to live." - Oscar Wilde

"If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or things." - Albert Einstein


A few posts ago I mentioned a horoscope that directed me to identify my conscious wants lest my subconscious run amok with my life. And for the last couple of weeks I have been all ove the map. I have flirted with industry. I have made drunken missteps. I have reorganized my priorities. I have slept on it all. And slowly, while walking to work and taking photos of flowers, I came to this:

I want to be involved in shaping the way business education is done. I want to build a curriculum that teaches new business leaders how to be critical thinkers, problem solvers and ethical decision makers AS WELL as savvy financers, inventive policy makers and efficient managers. To do this, I must be involved in business academics. For me, the path to business academics is through a PhD.

Next step ... PhD.

No comments: