Monday, May 19, 2008

Bio-Blog #22 - Christine

The story is always the same. We met in grade 8 but were in different classes and different friend groups. I always thought something was a bit weird about the fact that she wore two different earrings at once. But it was the late 80s so all is forgiven now. For the May long weekend I was graced with the kickass presence of one of my oldest friends: Christine.

In truth, our friendship did not solidify until grade 10 on a school ski trip and it has been sustained throughout the years in spite of life and distance between us. Chris and I always seem to eventually end up back in each other's company usually having a few too many drinks, getting into an argument and learning more about ourselves and each other in the process. I have been her pain mentor as she braved both her tattoos and he is also one of my only friends that likes to play crib with me. She has had her fair share of touch knocks in life and I continue to be amazed by her resiliance, her strength and her capacity to make her life her own. So in honour of her recent visit I share my friend Christine.

I am ... Christine Longpre
I can ... organize the shit out of anything! I'm also told I'm a very good list maker.
I love ... hanging out with my friends and family, reading books, & - I hate to admit it...watching tv.
I will ... always try my best and aim to please. Not always a good thing...

What is your sign? Sagittarius
Where were you born? Timmins, Ontario
Where do you live now? Ottawa, Ontario

What has been the best place you've visited in between and why?
France. My first trip to Europe, my first trip on my own. It was a BIG deal at that time in my life. I spent some time alone in Paris and then took a train to the south of France to visit Nat (yes, THE Nat) and Blair. What a fantastic trip. Sightseeing with friends who have their Masters in English rocks, and no, I'm not being facetious!!

What is your favourite:
Movie - My fave new movie is Juno but my all time favourite is Pride & Prejudice. Mmmm...Mark Darcy.
Book - I've read alot of good books but still love Pride & Prejudice
TV Show - The Office
Drink - Beer

Who is your celebrity hottie of choice?
Jason Statham...yum, yum.

If you could have lunch with anyone in the world ... who would it be and why?
Ayaan Hirsi Ali - she's been through hell and back and still has the courage to keep moving. Read her book Infidel, you'll understand.

How do you know Raye?
I met her in grade 8, probably my first day at McLeod Public School. I don't remember much about it...due to my very poor memory...but I'm sure Raye could tell you all about it...part of why I love her so much. She's got the memory of an elephant!

What 3 words would you use to describe Raye?
Independent, stubborn, adventurous (oh yeah, and crazy!)

Do you have your own website? No, where can I get me one of those? :)

No comments: