Thursday, May 08, 2008

Team Canada Moment

Canada vs. Norway - that was game. I hadn't planned on going. The tickets were quite expensive. But when World Hockey fever actually descended upon the city it was hard to avoid. It all began on Tuesday while watching the Canada vs. USA game at Boston Pizza. Admittedly, it must have been the thundermug of beer talking because I agreed to buy a ticket for Canada's next game following their 40-second-to-the-end-triumph over the States.

Which brought me to the Halifax Metro Center at 4:30pm to watch the red & white take on the red & blue. And I am SO happy that I went. I have never been SO close to a game before. Our seats positioned us near the net and only 5 rows away from the glass. Luckily, most of the action occurred at our end and the Norwegian fanclub was closeby. The game was MUCH closer than anticipated and almost got to nail-biter status. What a rush to be in the stands and feel with swells of audience energy. I sometimes forget how great it can be to go to world class events. This time I took the chance and scored.

No comments: