Tuesday, May 08, 2007

The Unfairness of Calories

So it turns out the one my FAVOURITE snacks is the WORST. There are 520 calories in a snack bag of Cheetos Crunchits! Five Hundred and Twenty! That is almost one-thirs of a daily allowance. This fact, of course, reveals why I was so chunky in my early twenties when I used to eat this ALL the time! And not the snack packs but the BIG bags that had ... well, god knows how many but WAY more to be sure! calories. However, now I am working at actually reading labels, counting overall calories and trying to balance the sources for my calories. It's a fun little obsession and has been quite enlightening. It has really helped to reveal my weak spots and the things that drive me to them. So today I said NO! to the crunchits and settled on the Rold Gold pretzels at 270 for a bag instead. Of coures, the pretzels contain 1390mg of sodium ... but that's another story.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heh I'm so glad I'm not the only one agonizing over this.. I look at supposed *light* stuff like mayo and sour cream.. umm ok you're light but the sodium is like EEK!.. so you're damned if you do and damned if you don't.. friend of mine is in the same predicament and she can't have sodium because of a pacemaker so she wants to eat *light* whatever that is but can't because of the salt content..*bang head here*.. so we're both trying to do the best we can - thats why i cut the coffee out- i was using those awfully sweet sugary coffee creamers...yes i was an addict ;) its slow but its coming... and yes i'm still doing the curves.. oh I lost another 1.75 lbs :P and i'm still losing inches... Love ya
Aunty A