Friday, May 04, 2007

Grey Days

Two hours of "Grey's Anatomy" on Thursday night. TWO HOURS! What could be better?! But then I end up watching it and it was actually sort of depressing. I love this show but when it lets me down I really feel it (like last year's finale) and last night let me down. It dragged. It didn't have the punch, the verve, the spice of the regular episodes. And although I was intrigued with the Addison spin-off stuff I found the show it presented to be rather grim. I mean, everyone in that L.A. Oceanside clinic is sad! Hot (hello Taye & Tim!) but sad, lonely, depressed. Which I guess makes it a good place for the lost Addison to end up if the show goes through.

Other things that bugged me? What happened to the connection between Burke & Christina? OK, so they didn't always communicate perfectly but they used to be in sync. And George and Izzie just bug me now - although I admit to their chemistry because that elevator kissage was good. Overall, I am not overly enthused with last night's special episode. It was too choppy and too messy and I think it hurt the experience of both shows. Still, a good set-up for the end of the season. Hopefully they won't mess this one up too!

No comments: