Monday, December 25, 2006

Christmas Cheer

Christmas was a mellow affair this year. I was looking forward to it immensely even though it was a much shorter break than the year previous - that's the downside of working rather than being a student! Anyway, the plan with year had my closest family in southern Ontario at my brother's new home. So we did a small thing and it was a blast. This year Taggart was actually in toddler mode so he was more fun to have a Christmas. It is incredible how much he is talking now! When the room gets quiet he looks at someone and goes "HI" with the cutest tone. You can see him here in his santa suit sitting on the giraffe (a reading pillow) that Nana had sewn for him.

We opened all our presents on Christmas eve - starting with the pyjamas of course! I got my Futurama DVDs and WAY more other stuff than I could have imagined including a massager for my chair at work which is going to be awesome! On Christmas morning my stocking was stuffed to the brim but the "big" gift is coming in January when Mom comes to visit - I'm getting a sewing machine. (Look out for a future post about the first thing I actually sew!) The next day a mellow one and then it was time to hit the road to Sudbury for a couple of days. I am so happy that my brother's family hosted this year. Things are changing ... and its great.

No comments: