Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Ice Queen

Oh what a lovely day with the sun shining in bright waves over the city. The warmth of the hair is everywhere but not suffocating. Thank goodness for the DQ on the corner. Sometimes - like this time - there is nothing better than ice milk from the queen. I like mine dipped in chocolate. When I am not walking and enjoying, then I usually order a strawberry sundae. DQ strawbs are the sweetest kind. DQ was a common treat when I was kid. And then it became the cool place to stop by with friends. And now it is the lunchtime treat that makes a business day feel like true summer.

2 comments:

one of the McTs said...

mmmm DQ *drool* I love it dipped in the butterscotch.. reminds me of summer drives with grandma and grandad to DQ..
Aunty A

Growing Opportunities said...

Argh. I miss DQ. But my favourite is the cappuccino skor blizzard. I wish I could get skor bars here, but the closest I've seen is chocolate covered peanut brittle. Not bad though.