Monday, October 10, 2005

Mercy Buckets

Just got back from my Cape Breton Thanksgiving holiday. It has poured rain here for four days and I am convinced that I am to be denied the vistas of CB Island forever. I did, however, get to see a GIANT violin that plays celtic music. So, here I sit, tired of travelling, sated on turkey dinner (including succatash!!!), sick and sniffling. Time to give thanks...

So the most obvious one is thank you for my nephew. I'm not sure if such comments go to the parents (that stellar gene-pool that is Rob & Kat) or to some greater force in the world that concocts spectacular human specimans. Either way, Taggart is one of the joys in my world even though I don't get to see him these days.

Next would be family in general. After spending three years in my parents' house, it has been nice to be away (be on my own) and remember how much I love and need their support. I have tried to touch base with family members a little bit more these days and I hope that my thoughts of love are reaching them all and they know that I cherish them deeply.

Super thanks to Tanya and Colin (my "triangle" mates) who have been my saving graces in Halifax. Thank you for getting me out of the house, keeping me from wallowing in and falling into stress-depression, and for aiding & abetting me in drinking my weight in vodka/rye/keiths, etc. You make me smile more than I can ever express.

For my best friend Natalie who recently fielded a series of panicked phone calls as I tried to reorganize my life ... AGAIN! And to Cathy for facing the same challenge via messenger. To all my friends who remind me of who I am and what I can accomplish. I finally feel that I'm working on something good these days.

Thanks for Halifax - a truly wonderful city that offers everything my soul could need. Entertainment, culture, scenery, involvement, nightlife, and more. I feel at home here - at peace and totally content. Cheers.

It has been a full year of events and so many things to be thankful for that I know I have not mentioned. All you have to do is read this site from time to time and you will find out about them. So thank you for the internet - this great source of information exchange that allows me to throw my autumn leaves of thanks into the air and watch them fly away on the wind to distant lands.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for my best friend Raye, who is lovely and thoughtful and so very much fun. Oh, and who's a good writer, even when sick and sniffly.

Unknown said...

And here I thought Raye was helping ME via messenger!

Raye I wish I could be there for you more often.

I cannot wait to visit you in Halifax!