Wednesday, July 27, 2005

"Average" Hotness

So the girl finally picked the "Average Joe" tonight. First, I gotta say that I am not an avid watcher of Joe - to me it's akin to hockey where I'll skip the entire season but tune in for the final game. In the last two nights, Anna has been tormented by her choice between Rocky and Nathan. From my front-row audience seats it was NO contest. But then, I don't think a single season of this show (or the others like it) has ended with a sigh of satisfaction. Usually I want to kick my television. But not tonight because the "right" choice was made. Anna chose someone who's company she enjoyed without having to be nekkid. She chose someone who shares her interests. She chose someone who is interested in her family, her life, and the part he could play in it. This man was Nathan.

Okay, so she had eliminated him ages ago and it was only through the opportunity of a hotness make-over that he got a second chance. So in one way, it continues to reaffirm the Joe standard = looks always win. But rather it just highlights that they are important - and if more "average" guys took this hint we would all be happier. So guys? - get that haircut, remember to groom yourself, shop for body-appropriate and stylin threads. If you do your chances of a hot redhead (or similar specimen) taking the time to notice your wit, intelligence, sensitivity, and heart will go up. Or so reality TV tell us.

No comments: