Thursday, July 21, 2005

Almost Missed a Beautiful Butterfly


Scott always gave me slack for my Hollywood crushes because I was usually ahead of the curve. It seems that being obsessive about hotties is cool if you're leading the pack in your adulation. Today I have to admit that I almost missed one!

I just clocked Bradley Cooper this week due to his turn as an obnoxious (and toxic) boyfriend in Wedding Crashers. I noticed him immediately - its the EYES people! LOOK at the eyes!! - but forced myself to dismiss him because of his portrayal of everything you're NOT supposed to like. Confession - I like me some hot, preppy, cocky asshole and as Sack Lodge, Cooper was filling this definition to a T - so I had to force myself to not think him attractive. The militaristic haircut and steroid-style rage helped. But then he showed up unshaven in a bathrobe in one scene and it was hard to look away. I had to know more.

It appears that I am a late boarder to the Bradley bandwagon (I punched my ticket on the Chris Evans love train instead) primarily because I am not an "Alias" watcher. As the character of Will, Cooper secured a solid fanbase. A groupie-ness that followed him to "Jack & Bobby" this year. As a non-watcher of either show (one because it never has a consistent air time - Alias, and one because I don't have cable - J&B) I was denied access to Bradley. That was an error I now rectify.

Bradley Cooper is hot. He is sexy. He has wide, blue, bedroom eyes that leap out of his face and steal your soul. He can be polished or rugged - I'll take him either way now that I know he exists!

No comments: