Monday, March 07, 2005

With Welcoming Arms...

"Anouncing the birth of Taggart Robert Lemke. Born at 6:57 pm, on Sunday March 6, 2005 at Trillium Hospital In Mississauga. He weighed in at a stunning 9 pounds 1 oz. but depsite that Kat did it all au naturelle (amazing girl)."

So I'm an Auntie now. The first grandchild on this side of the family has been born - my mother is a basketcase of joy. I have a nephew. I am so excited that I ate cake for breakfast. There is not much you can say in words that actually does justice to the wonder and happiness of moments like this. All words seem inadequate to impart the reality of new life in the world.

So a couple of words on the name then ... named after the three men that came before him.
Lemke from Rob's father.
Robert is his father & Kat's father's middle name from his father.
Taggart is a reference to McTaggart, Rob's mother's father on whose birthday he was born!
I think its the coolest thing ever, and Tag Lemke is a super-rock-the-world name if I ever heard one.

Congratulations to my brother Rob and his incredible wife Kathryn. Welcome to the family Taggy.

4 comments:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Unknown said...

Congrats, Raye! (And I guess to the parents as well. But, I mean, come ON, you did most of the work!)

I must be very happy, as I often eat cake for breakfast. I didn't know it was an indicator. Whew! I always thought it was a sign of depression.

Happiness is a much better reason to eat cake for breakfast. So is boredom, a good idea and a bowel movement for that matter.

Unknown said...

PS: I don't like that you can't edit comments with deleting them unless you "preview".

But let's face it, "Preview" is for chumps.

Stephanie said...

Contgrats, Raye! What a sweetie. Au naturelle, eh? Good for her! I plan on doing the same thing but if my baby is over 8lbs, I might change my mind.

My little bean is staying put for now. Only 4 weeks left, although I have a feeling we will have an Easter baby....

You are going to be the coolest Auntie ever!

Stephanie