Wednesday, January 09, 2008

MIKA - Likey

Every once in awhile I hear a new tune that just sticks in my mind for ages and makes me all smiley when I hear it. At the moment that song is "Grace Kelly" from Mika. For the life of me, I don't know where this guy came from (ok, apparently it is London by way of Beirut) and the song doesn't make a lick of sense but it is SO fun. A trip to his website will have you humming to the rest of the tunes and wondering why music isn't always this zany. He actually reminds me a bit of some of Hawsley Workman's early stuff with its random poetry, melodious riffs and pop culture referencing. Now I am sure I am late to some bandwagon here because I know nothing about music and I am usually the last to find out about about some singer/group/movement that everybody else is on to .. but, well, whatever. I like it. Try it out here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Raye Babe, you should get the whole album, its craptastic! I mean that in a good way...he was just in Tokyo a few weeks ago...but all the tickets were sold out. Great tunes....good shit! Ja, Matana!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!