Thursday, January 31, 2008

Mika-licious

The world is full of wonderful things that are the catalysts for fantastic memories. Sometimes you need an anchor of inspiration to give you motivation the edge it needs. Lucky for me, I was able to put these two things together in a Mika moment of greatness. With the start of 2008 I discovered the original and creative pop-stylings of Mika. His album has become the soundtrack of my year of renewal. In a year devoted to balance, it has been this record that has kept me on the positive edge I need. It generates a happy twist to any day and I welcome that joy. I am singing in my head at all times and life is lovely. So when the chance to see Mika in concert arrived I could not let it go by. The cosmos were on my side. Yes, it sounds crazy and impulsive and impractical and, well, awesome. So I got on a flight to Toronto and joined my friends Jodi and Cindy and my sis-in-law Kat for the event. Everything fell into place. Cheap flights. Time off from work. A chance to visit friends and family. Arriving at the venue at EXACTLY the right moment. And then the music began. I understand that Mika is a "love him or hate him" kind of artist. But he is an artist. A musical talent and showman that is rare these days. His voice is incredible. The show was fresh, creative and spectacular. And, as one of the gals put it - "I doubt there is a straight bone in his body, but if there was ... I do it!" And so, by proving himself sexy beyond his expected awkwardness, a true STAR is born. Glad I took the time to revel in the entertainment.

No comments: