Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Good-Bye Mr. Ledger

Almost 10 years ago I made a group of my girlfriends watch a movie called 10 Things I Hate about You. I promised them that they would fall in love with the star ... a young actor named Heath Ledger. Since then I have seen every movie Heath has made (save his last two recent releases) and I remain stoked for his fight with Christian Bale in the upcoming Dark Knight.

So when I opened my internet today and read the headline that he had died ... well ... I really didn't know what to say. My instant thought was "No Way". And my second was a stunned deja vu of that moment on Halloween 1993 when River Phoenix left us all behind. Heath joins him now in the hall reserved for talent taken away. May he rest in peace.


Thanks to punklegolas on YouTube for this tribute.

No comments: