Thursday, January 12, 2006

Phucking Photogenic at Last!

We all acknowledge the inherent narcissism of blogging. It is often the case that I revel in showcasing my rollercoaster ride of feelings, my writing of movie reviews, or my joy in my nephew. I don't often spend time presenting myself - visually - as one of my vices.

Truth be told, I find myself to be incredibly UNphotogenic and I seldom smile. I hate pictures of myself and find the process to be painful. But recently I have been subjected to many flashbulbs (thanks digital!) at all sorts of affairs and I have grinned much more than in the past. I've decided to rock the pixelated hotness and, thanks to a red dress (and usually I CANNOT wear red), found a selection of pictures from the MBA Games banquet that prove me to be not so bad in 2-D.

The consequence of these pictures has been a number of comments about my smile. Yes, you can see teeth ... I NEVER show teeth. Well, my natural smile does but my photo smile does not ... usually. I'm taking this change in captured emotion to be a genuine upswing in happiness with life in general. This mood plus is also supported with a greater confidence in myself in many respects and it makse me more relaxed thus leading to better kodak moments. There are many people who have entered my life and supported my satisfaction injection but it's the two cohorts in that top picture (Tanya and Greg) that deserve much of the credit. Or maybe I'm just getting hotter?

3 comments:

Kat said...

You look dynamite!

Anonymous said...

I've always thought that you were pretty foxy, lady. And that dress is amazing!!!

Unknown said...

Smokin' dress! Smashing hair!

Totally fantastic photos - I love it when that happens (and it doesn't happen most of the time for most people unless they're models).