Tuesday, January 10, 2006

In Memory

I wasn't sure if I wanted to do this post or not. I wasn't sure if it was appropriate for me to do it. But then I thought that these words would only be meant as a positive memorial and I chose to proceed. This post is to remember Brody.

The picture was taken on Tuesday, January 3 at the first wings & beer night of the new semester. Brody was not one of our commerce classmates, but as buddy to Tony, he was a wings favourite. He always brought the energy, the laughs, the un-filtered comments. I was so happy to see Brody at my last wings in Sudbury before I returned to Halifax.

It's a week later, and Brody is no longer with us. He passed away on the weekend in a car accident and the world was robbed of a fantastic spirit. The news was shocking and made me remember that life can be a fleeting thing. It can be taken in an instant. You can hoist a beer with a friend one day and toast their memory the next. This is not a comment to foster living in fear of that end but rather a reminder to cherish the moments before its arrival. It always felt that Brody lived in the present and I hope that served him well. He will be missed.

No comments: