Thursday, November 24, 2005

Dear Santa...

When I was a little girl living in the snow-drift farmland of northern Saskatchewan, the first hint of Christmas was the arrival of the Sears Wishbook. It was my inspirational tool for writing to Santa Claus and me and my brother would pour over the pages of toys and decide what we wanted each year. (We seldom got exactly what we wanted and I never did recieve that bedtime-lullaby teddy bear, but whatever.)

It was in the Wishbook that I circled my preferred choices of presents and sat down to write my letter to Santa. "Dear Santa, I would like "cherry" the pink My Little Pony on page 72, etc." Knowing what I know now about Santa, this tactic was probably the most helpful I could be but it also made me demanding as the pages inevitably inspired more interest in more toys than the saturday morning commercials provided. So, on this day, exactly one month before I will lay my head down and dream of dancing sugar plums, I offer my letter to Santa...

In no particular order, the following would be appreciated...
- a memory key (sooooo helpful)
- a replacement watch (not that MY watch can be replaced!)
- a cordless mouse (soooo convenient)
- a digital camera (ok - a tad rich but still dreaming)
- a mini-MP3 player (one like Cathy's that "fits in my cleavage")
- the 3rd Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants Book
- a Herb Ritts "Supermodels" poster print
- a ceramic hair straightener
- antivirus software for my laptop
- camera film (200 or 400 series)
- Toy Story on DVD
- the Lord of the Rings Trilogy on DVD
- the ORIGINAL Star Wars Trilogy on DVD
- movie passes
- subscriptions to "The Economist" & "Harvard Business Review"
- the Maroon 5 CD
- box(es) of After Eight chocolates
- a pair of black leather gloves (6.5/7)
- the complete Sex & the City DVD set
- original trilogy Star Wars Monopoly
- any book by John Ralston Saul
- a bottle of Crown Royal
- a cell phone package
- Old Navy gift certificates
- a massage
- The English Roses children's book by Madonna
- Hugs and Love
- Good health for my family and friends

2 comments:

Kat said...

Great list - I do believe you are one of the world's easiest people to shop for - your family must LOVE that!

Can't wait to see you over the holidays. Scott and I are off the whole week between Christmas and New Years (no plans yet!) and we would love to see you.

Raye said...

Actually, I have NO idea what I'll be getting as my mother informed me that she completed her Xmas shopping before my list was submitted ... hmmmm.

As for the holidays? Must visit. I have a friend coming from out east to hang and we're hoping to do NYE in Toronto so maybe we would work out plans (altho I know the champagne is off your roster this year!)

I'm also having a dinner party on Dec. 5 - the day I get back to Ontario so maybe I could see you then? Either way ... I will be around! So many stories to tell!