Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Winning Addictions

A small post from on the road. Currently I am calling a hotel home. I eat in restaurants alone. I live out of my suitcase. It's awesome!!!

In my free time, I have continued my reliable retail therapy and have come to the conclusion that I am ADDICTED to Winners. It is more than just a passing diversion in my life. It is a twice-weekly shopping extravaganza that involves a systematic process. I can't control it. The soothing feeling of wandering through the racks and finding that unique skirt or well-fitted shirt that will complete my wardrobe. The sad part is that I have no money. Although working at the moment, all my incoming funds are allotted to VISA to pay off my previous Winners purchases. Yes, I am an addict. Admitted. Lets move on.

In other fun revelations, I discovered the Outback Steakhouse in the big box shopping complex near my hotel. LOVE IT! Being a Keg-devotee, I was unsure about venturing elsewhere. But I must report sincere satisfaction. The steak was well-seasoned (even though I took the "light seasoning" option) and juicy!!! It was served with one of the best looking steamed veggie side dishes (broccoli, carrot, snow pea, yellow zucchini) that I've seen in a long time. But the best part was the garden salad that was fresh, filling and served in a bowl that was big enough to actually toss it! Get the mustard vinagrette and you won't be disappointed.

Now off to eat chocolate and popcorn and watch a movie. The addictions keep coming. I think I need a man!

No comments: