Saturday, February 06, 2010

Trawna Bound

And so here I am, sitting in the Halifax airport about to board a plane to Toronto. Only this time it is a one-way flight. This time it is with two suitcases full of workday clothes. This time it is for an entire season. This time it is an end. This time it is the beginning.

I am not sure how I feel about it all at this point. I feel like crying because I am leaving my excellent man behind on the east coast. I have never had to make a life choice with another life in the mix. It is a challenging experience to say the least.

I feel excited because I know I am moving on to something new. I am about to be invigorated with a different work environment and learning new tasks. I feel open to the opportunity to be moving to the country's largest city and all it has to offer. I will become a commuter and I will have access to events that previously felt so far away. How fun it may turn out to be!

I feel happy because I will be moving to my brother's home and I will be able to see my nephew and neice on a daily basis. It will be a joy to reconnect with my family and I count myself so lucky to be able to take a job opportunity and be supported by family in the process. Often I am not aware of the gifts in my universe until they are readily at my fingertips. But lucky I am.

I delayed my departure as long as I could. But now it is time to go. Time to step into a role that will hopefully connect me to the next path in my life. I have taken a gamble by leaving a full-time job that I understood very well to take a short-term contract in a completely different role. But I have a partner, family, friends and a dynamic city on my side. So HELLO! I say to Toronto. I am on my way.

No comments: