Saturday, February 27, 2010

Saturday with Family

Today I got to sleep in until 9:30am! My nephew was up at 5am but since I'm only the aunt, I didn't have to be there for that. So at 9:30am I got to walk downstairs and enjoy a breakfast of pancakes that I didn't even have to make. Living with family can be amazing. I am blessed to have my brother and his family open their home to me, and their kitchen. I will officially get fat eating all of their amazing home-cooked leftovers.

After breakfast it was time to suit up and wander out into the big, fat, falling flakes. It was a winter wonderland this morning and perfect snow for snow fights and snowmen. After tossing around a few snowballs with my nephew it was time to help with the family-made snowman. And what a snowman he is! Rob and Kat are hardcore about their winter crafts! There was serious body-shaping and the addition of arms, ears and a crown of spiky hair! With a carrot nose, gravel teeth and kiwi eyes, our 5-foot-plus creation was complete. What a wonderful way to start the day. You never know how fulfilling family time can be until you have gone a long time without it. And then you want it to last forever (okay, maybe not forever outside, but you get the picture).

No comments: