Saturday, January 20, 2007

Skate-rrific

This is me and my mom at the Halifax Metro Center where we spent 9.5 hours watching figure skating today. Can you believe that? I think my butt would have gone numb if I wasn't so excited and giving many standing ovations! My mom came to Halifax this week to visit but we planned it around the Canadian Figure Skating Championships. So we have been passing our time at the various skating competitions. To be fair, we have also watched movies, eaten good dinners, and gone shopping but the main focus of the week was (is) the skating.

Today was long because it was the ice dance short, the pair's free and the men's free. All good competitions. We got to see a new Canadian Pairs team crowned (Dube & Davidson who have great chemistry), Jeff Buttle achieved a new all-time score and Emmanuel Sandhu didn't completely embarrass himself. Christopher Mabee revealed himself as the new Kurt Browning and won the crowd completely Dubreil and Lauzon are pure magic on the ice. I could go on and on but that wouldn't be fun as much of it has a "had-to-be-there" quality. Still, I am so happy that my mom and I got to do this together. We are not crazy about skating and, honestly, I can't remember the last time I was on skates but we have always bonded over watching skate competitions. And they are so much better live!

No comments: