Monday, January 22, 2007

Feeling Coltish

Anyone who reads this blog will be aware of my CFL love. Anyone who has had a football conversation with me (usually including some teasing on my behalf about my CFL love) will know that I an not an NFL fan. However, last year I found myself watching the occassional game to fill the void left by the short CFL season. And in the run to the Superbowl I became a bit of a Colts fan. Afterall, I cheer for the Stamps up here so why not another horsey team down there. It is absolutely necessary to have A team to enjoy NFL ball. So I got one.

Then last night a Manning vs. Brady playoff rematch was on and it couldn't have been better. Down by 15 at the half, it was looking like the Colts were going to repeat last year's loss to the Patriots. But then the game REALLY got going and thanks to a solid fourth quarter drive the Colts were able to take the lead. But with a minute left it was highly possible that golden boy Brady could have snatched a win for the Patriots and taken his team to a 4th bowl. This was not to be the case when Marlin Jackson picked off Brady's pass to end the Patriot pattern and start the Colt celebration with 24 seconds left. So now I will definately be watching the Superbowl and, for once, I'm actually going to care who wins.

No comments: