Thursday, August 17, 2006

Shakespeare and the zsa zsa zu

Went to see Shakespeare by the Sea tonight. I love plays in the park. This year's performance was Much Ado About Nothing - fastly becoming one of my favourites. I know it is a simple play but I love me some Beatrice & Benedick. For me, it is those two characters that make the play what it is. They have the best speeches and funniest moments. They just go to show that you never know with whom you will find connection.

Later that night I was watching a "Sex and the City" rerun. It was the one where the gals head out to the Hamptons for a wedding and Carrie runs into Berger - her long-standing crush. The point of the episode is a discussion of the zsa zsa zu - that feeling you get in your tummy when you think about a certain someone. That little flip your insides do when you kiss a certain someone. And again, like Beatrice and Benedick, that someone may not be what you expect.

Both were fitting stories for me this week as I flit around with my own series of butterflies. And you never know from whom they will come. It's something special when someone touches you. That's what you call the zsa zsa zu!

No comments: