Tuesday, August 29, 2006

“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air…”

This is me sitting on the deck at a friend's place on the seashore. Don't you just love the term: seashore. Time to sell sea shells...

Actually, this particular coast is not the open sea. It is really Shediac Bay - a part of the Northumberland Strait - on the coast of New Brunswick. As it turns out, my friend's family has a gorgeous home there so that seemed like an ideal place to max the relaxin after two weeks of hellish craziness at work. And I was right. Two days filled with napping, swimming, sunbathing, eating, and drinking. I got to meet some new people and found time to read some of my long-overdue research (of course I kept falling asleep!) All in all, I couldn't have asked for more. Until the trip out of town and my chance to take a picture with the GIANT Shediac lobster...

Now really, what more could a gal really want?

No comments: