Saturday, September 15, 2007

Moving Again

"Without a vision of the future there is nothing to lead us forward."


These words were spoken during a lecture in my management consultiing class on Thursday night and they hit home. In one sentence I can sum up what was missing from my life in the past year. I had lost my concept of a future for myself. I did not have a direction. I did not have a vision and so I was lost in the darkness that is just being "here". In the past few weeks a view of the future has been emerging in my brain. I applied for graduation. I conceded that being close to my family - especially my nephew and niece - is important to me. I discovered some new professional paths to explore. And so I have regained my vision and for the first time in ages I have shaken free of some of my inertia and begun to move again. It feels great.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's wonderful news! "The distance is nothing,the first step is tough"

Nic

Stephanie said...

Great news! Does that mean we can expect you to be living closer to us? After seeing you at Cath's the other month I realized how much I miss having you as a friend - one that I can call and hang out with on a regular basis. :)

Raye said...

ahhh Steph - that is so nice to hear. Not sure of the exact place or time yet but I am getting pretty solid about heading back to ONT for a bit for sure. Looking forward to hanging out!

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to hear all about your plans and ideas! See you soon. XO