Sunday, July 01, 2007

Intent

As always I do my resolutions on the first of July rather than the first of January. It usually takes me the first half a year to sort out what I really want to achieve anyway. Last year I set out some guidelines for living. They were:

a) Honesty
b) Emotional Health
c) Internal Locus of Control
d) Work Mastery
e) Academic Accomplishment
f) Self-love/Pride/Respect
g) Health/Fitness/Beauty


How did I do? Well...

a) I am still working on it but I have had more than one occassion this year wherein I actually confronted situations and spoke my mind - it was not easy but it always felt better when I did.

b)& c) I am definately farther ahead in these areas but much work is still to come to think. However, I have identified some good paths to pursue and that is a start.

d) I feel very good here. I had my one-year performance review and have proven myself to be a proficient and capable employee. Yay!

e) I continue to be an A student. I continue to struggle with the research paper but I am seeing light in the tunnel now and may surprise everyone yet!

f) Another guiding principle that has strengthened over the year but still needs some work.

g) Feeling very good here. I have found a gym that I enjoy and a routine that I can (usually) maintain. I have gotten rid of a solid 7 pounds (or 1.5 inches of my waist) and things are looking up. I got a new haircut (rock those bangs) which I really enjoy. And some new clothes that actually fit has been helpful.

Other things I hoped to achieve?
1 - keeping my plant alive = check! It's still growing. I think I need to repot it.
2 - another plant = no go. I just never got around to it.
3 - a dog within 2 years = still hoping for this one but as I have signed a lease in a dog-free apt. it won't be in the coming year.
4 - Everest trek at 35 = may actually be happening earlier! I have discussed the plan with Stephanie of maybe going in the spring of 2009 - one year ahead of schedule but I will have a travel buddy!

So where does that leave things for the year ahead? For once I have some bona fide objectives:

a) graduate in May with my MBA
b) go to Europe with Nat & Blair
c) join the Nova Scotia Photo Guild - buy a better digital camera!
d) Establish my next "big move" by this time next year

See you then!

No comments: