Monday, October 11, 2010

Thank You

A year ago I was moving - in a mad, last-minute rush - into The Boyfriend's apartment. Two days later I was on stress-leave from my job and scampering back to Ontario for a refill of familial and friendly love. It was a tipping point in my universe. Like a rock finally overcoming its inertia and toppling down a hill a new momentum began.

Looking back it is easy to see that my universe is a beautiful place. My world is stuffed with an abundance of gifts in the people I know, the places I explore and the activities I enjoy. While I often whine about the changes I have faced this year I must acknowledge the growth that has taken place in my life and the people around me who have given so much to make it happen.

Thank you to Jodi for listening to my needs and always believing that I have more to offer the world. Thank you for setting me up in a job that forced me make a change and bring me closer to the life I always wanted. Thank you for still being an ear to my frustrations and fears even as you are embedded in the depths of your own. Your friendship is boundless and I am grateful be on the receiving end of it.

Thank you to my brother and his family for opening your home to me last winter. Thank you for feeding me so much tasty goodness. Thank you for letting me become a part of your daily lives and for sharing so much time with my niece and nephew. I have been so joyed to rebuild my connection to you and I appreciate your generosity more than I can say.

Thank you to my Toronto friends for welcoming me back to the area and filling me social calendar. Thank you for accepting The Boyfriend with warmth and support. Thank you for keeping the challenges of change at bay with solid doses of nostalgia.

In particular thank you to the Kat and Scott for inspiring me with your honesty and strength. Your verve for life in the face of struggle is a power that I wish we could bottle and sell to the masses. You make the world a better place. Fight on!

Thank you to my parents who continue to be the featherbed of support in my existence. Your generosity has always known no bounds but being able to see you more often makes it easier to be on the receiving end of your gifts.

Thank you to The Boyfriend. All of it is easier and more enjoyable because of you. Thank you for your positivity in tackling obstacles. Thank you for knowing that sometimes I just need to freak out/worry/over-analyze and for giving me the space to do that. Thank you for doing the dishes SO often and for tackling a road trip just to get us a dishwasher! Thank you for diving into a whole new life to be with me. I am in awe of that gift everyday. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

Overall, thank you to the forces of luck and serendipity who have always worked within my life. Last-minute job opportunity. Cheapest flight to Mexico ever! House rental in the Beach. This year the gifts were particularly well-played.

Thank you.

No comments: