Monday, November 01, 2010

60 Days and Counting...

When I began my apparel diet two months ago I wasn't sure what to expect. I had been shopping so consistently and for so long that I could not fathom my time without that pursuit. As it turns out, I am doing rather well.

Luckily, the diet allows for the occassional sweets (accessories!) and vitamins (underwear, socks, bras). Still, in 61 days all I have purchased is a new hat for the winter (pictured right). In fact, I was getting very discouraged trying to find a new hat this season and lamented the loss of all thress of my winter hats from last year. I get cold ears inthe winter and I need something warm to stave off the ear-ache-chill but not mess up my hair in the process. Oh joy! when I found this stretchy ball of comfort and was sold. And, the purchase wasn't even breaking the rules!

To be honest, I do miss my mall time. This month I took my shopping to a vicarious level while searching for The Boyfriend's birthday gifts. If I'm not getting new clothes he darn well is! I over-shopped completely and had to return a few items. I still ended up giving him more than necessary but it was my only shot at buying a whole new outfit! Also, he looked really good in it all so really it was like a double-gift for me and I didn't have to go off the diet.

It has been difficult to see all the lovely fall sweaters show up inthe stores. I'm a sucker for cheap cashmere! I know I haven't kicked the shopping spree out of me yet but at the end of this month I'm feeling pretty chuffed about my restraint. Who would of bought that?

1 comment:

nat said...

You look really cute in that hat. Seems like saving up shopping energy for a single purchase has concentrated your fashion savvy into a laser beam of fashionista-ness. It's now a superpower.