Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Home Is Where The Start Is

So this is where it begins. My boyfriend arrives today. YAY! After three months of long distance and three weeks of moving preparation anxiety he will be finally be here. The very thought of it fills my brain with girlie giggles about our upcoming together-ness. I cannot help thinking about how his arrival marks the start of the next stage of our lives. We have left our east coast setting behind. We are embarking on new career paths. We are consolidating our lives into the little house below.


And of course I am completely freaked out. Yes, it is true. While my life has been relatively simple this past month - work, commute, eat, read, sleep, repeat - my boyfriend has been sorting and packing the elements of our life in a frenzy. We decided to take an economical approach which forced a drastic purge in our belongings. Purging is not my boyfriend's strong suit. Leaving the fate of my personal effects in the hands of others is not my forte. And so the last couple of weeks have not been the easiest on either of us.

But his three-day road trip is coming to end now and I will be able to open the little UHaul trailer and see what has made it to this part of the country. We still have things stashed away in basement corners of Nova Scotia, but we will deal with that headache later. Yes, later. One thing at a time. Today I get to welcome him HOME. Today is when it starts.

No comments: